Basic Mediation Training
In our 2-day Basic Mediation Training, you will learn:
- How to help disputants resolve a broad range of conflicts, including those occurring in the family, workplace and community.
- Criteria/strategies for determining whether mediation is appropriate for particular cases/disputants.
- How to effectively prepare disputants to meaningfully participate in mediation.
- The origins and dynamics of conflict.
- The three critical pieces of information about a dispute a mediator must identify in order to facilitate the resolution of any conflict.
- The seven stages through which every mediation passes, and how to guide disputants through them.
- Mediator ethics
- How to help disputants effectively manage their emotions during mediation.
- How to draft disputants' agreements.
Training session is daily from 8:30 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
Live online training is held using Zoom, and registration and course materials are provided through CMS' virtual online platform, Thinkific.
Continuing Education Credit is available for most professions.
Advanced Registration Is Required
Review our training calendar and register online. If you would rather register by fax or phone, follow the instructions below.
Download, print, and complete the registration form. Fax the finished form to 614-228-7213.
Register by Phone
Call the office at 614-228-7191 to register or have a brochure mailed to you.
Refunds: All refunds of training fees are subject to a $40 administrative charge and must be requested a minimum of 3 business days prior to the start date of the training. Fees for registrants canceling less than 3 business days in advance are non-refundable but may be applied toward a future CMS training for up to 1 year.