Basic Mediation Training
In our 2-Day Basic Mediation Training, you will learn:
- How to help disputants resolve a broad range of conflicts, including those occurring in the family, workplace and community.
- Criteria/strategies for determining whether mediation is appropriate for particular cases/disputants.
- How to effectively prepare disputants to meaningfully participate in mediation.
- The origins and dynamics of conflict.
- The three critical pieces of information about a dispute a mediator must identify in order to facilitate the resolution of any conflict.
- The seven stages through which every mediation passes, and how to guide disputants through them.
- Mediator ethics
- How to help disputants effectively manage their emotions during mediation.
- How to draft disputants' agreements.
Training session is daily from 8:30 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
CMS uses the learning platform Thinkific to provide its online courses.
To register for this CMS class and to access course training materials, you will need to create a login account at Thinkific at the link below using your email address as your username and a password of your choosing.
All CMS’ Trainings have been submitted for continuing education credit approval for numerous professions including: Attorney’s, Educators, Nurses, Social Workers, Counselors, Family and Marriage Therapists, Psychologists, Chemical Dependency Professionals and Human Resources Managers.
Advanced Registration Is Required
Review our training calendar and register online. If you would rather register by fax or phone, follow the instructions below.
If you wish to enroll a group of individuals to attend a currently scheduled course, or to arrange for a customized class on different dates for your group, please reach out to: firstname.lastname@example.org 614-228-7191, ext. 14.
Download, print, and complete the registration form. Fax the finished form to 614-228-7213.
Register by Phone
Call the office at 614-228-7191 to register or have a brochure mailed to you.
Refunds: All refunds of training fees are subject to a $40 administrative charge and must be requested a minimum of 3 business days prior to the start date of the training. Fees for registrants canceling less than 3 business days in advance are non-refundable but may be applied toward a future CMS training for up to 1 year.