Domestic Mediation Training
In our 5-day Domestic Mediation Training, you will learn:
- How to help couples resolve divorce/separation related issues in a way that meets their needs and those of their children.
- The origins and dynamics of domestic conflict.
- The "myths" about divorce and how they impede the healthy resolution of domestic conflict.
- How the role of a domestic mediator differs from the role of a legal advocate or family counselor.
- The psychological impact of divorce on adults and children and the implications for mediation.
- Ohio domestic relations law and its relevance to the mediation process.
- How to help couples plan to cooperatively parent their children.
- How to help couples divide marital assets and liabilities equitably.
- How to help couples arrange to maintain two financially stable households after divorce.
Please Note: The Ohio Supreme Court requires individuals who wish to mediate disputes for a county court involving the allocation of parental rights and responsibilities to complete Basic Mediation Training prior to completing a 40-hour Domestic Mediation course that has been approved by the court. Our training is approved by the Ohio Supreme Court.
Training session is daily from 8:30 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
Training is held at CMS, 67 Jefferson Avenue, Columbus, Ohio, 43215
Continuing Education Credit is available for most professions.
$825 if you have previously attended our 2-Day Basic Mediation Training
$1,220 for both Basic Mediation Training and Domestic Mediation Training (includes a $100 discount)
Advanced Registration is Required
Review our training calendar and register online. If you would rather register by fax or phone, follow the instructions below.
Download, print, and complete the registration form. Fax the finished form to 614-228-7213.
Register by Phone
Call the office at 614-228-7191 to register or have a brochure mailed to you.
All refunds are subject to a $40.00 administrative charge and must be requested a minimum of 3 business days prior to training. Fees for registrants canceling less than 3 working days in advance are non-refundable but may be applied toward a future CMS training for up to one year.